Monday 26 September 2011

Villa Man Spares QPR Defender ‘Death By Warnock’


Aston Villa’s Richard Dunne and match referee Michael Oliver are set to receive sizable Christmas cards (and possibly sneaky fivers inside too) after sparing QPR’s Armand Traore from being ripped limb-from-limb by Neil Warnock on Sunday.

Warnock called the defender “an absolute disgrace” after Sunday’s match, but lifted the death sentence at the last moment as Dunne felt sorry enough to hit a last-minute own-goal equaliser, whilst Oliver’s erratic decision making managed to distract the QPR chief long enough to save the Senegalese player’s life.

Traore expressed his gratitude to Dunne and Oliver with a sentimental message on his official website.

“I’m still coming to terms with what Richard and Michael have done for me today.”

“Because of their heroic actions I have escaped with my life.”

“In fairness I feel that having to share a dressing room with Joey Barton is more than enough punishment for any player to take, but I feel truly blessed to have escaped with a simple humiliation on national TV rather than a talking to death by the boss.”

“I can now look forward to enjoying the rest of my career and being part of a Queens Park Rangers side that takes regular batterings at places like Stoke and Bolton.”

No comments:

Post a Comment