Tuesday 4 October 2011

Carlos Tevez drops outside top twenty most hated people in Manchester


Reports are emerging that Carlos Tevez has dropped twenty places overnight in the Most Hated People in Manchester chart, thanks to the start of the Conservative party conference.
Mancunians can, for one week only, choose from a wide range of applicants for the prestigious title, although according to bookmakers George Osborne has already made the title his own.
Mandy Jones from Salford told us, “I thought the Tories had died out, but here they are telling us the things they’re going to do to make the gap between the rich and poor even wider!”
“I’m really looking forward to hearing more about Osborne’s strategy to wangle a reduction in the 50p tax rate, in amongst all the excuses about how enormous our national deficit is and how bad our economy is.”
“I guess that will put the grimace that passes for a smile on Tevez’s face.”

Tevez loses another position

Osborne put in a stunning performance on Monday as he made his claim for selection, and revealed that he was giving his all to snatch the prize from the Argentine.
“Knocking Carlos off top spot was always going to be difficult, but I feel that I might have done enough,” he said.
“I really think I hit the back of the net with my gloomy admissions about how, after all the spending cuts, everything is just as bad as it was before.”
“And the bit where I gave credit to the Liberal Democrats could have killed the game off.”
“I’m expecting some healthy competition from David Cameron and the other Cabinet ministers over the coming days, though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment